Veterinary Technician - Hospital ($1,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Company: Envigo RMS
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Overview:Envigo provides the broadest range of research models
and related services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology
industries, government, academia, and other life science
organizations. We pride ourselves on recruiting the best -
professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated
people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we
stand for---making a difference in people's lives. We are evolving
to become the best company to work with and to work for. Come and
join us as an Veterinary Technician - we have an exciting future
We are seeking an Veterinary Technician to join our dynamic team!
Works closely with the veterinary staff in supporting the nonhuman
primate (NHP) colonies in. Monitors animal health and welfare with
the opportunity to work with different NHP species. Position
includes assisting all departments onsite including the hospital,
behavior, quarantine, shipping and outside colony teams. Performs
technical medical procedures in the various departments and assists
the veterinary team in all aspects of animal
care.Responsibilities:Primary ways the Veterinary Technician will
contribute to the Envigo team:
- Perform initial assessment and physical examination of
- Perform non-invasive surgeries with veterinary support.
- Provide nursery support to NHP orphans and/or newborns.
- Administer therapeutic modalities such as medications,
bandaging, splints, fluid therapy, safe application of external
heart source, etc.
- Dental procedures, such as routine cleaning and/or
- Monitor anesthesia and recovery.
- Assist veterinarians in various medical procedures, including
handling of animals.
- Obtain diagnostic radiographs/ultrasounds and maintain upkeep
- Obtain and submit diagnostic samples to laboratory.
- Opportunity to train technical staff on procedures.
- Collects data and documents pertinent information in compliance
with regulatory agency guidelines.
- Helps maintain facilities for AAALAC
compliance.Qualifications:We are looking for the following from the
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Life Sciences, Associate
degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, Associate degree in
Veterinary Technology, Registered Vet Tech or Certified Vet Tech
with a minimum of six months experience. Experience may be
substituted for education requirements.
- AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technologist level
- Six months of experience in a laboratory or veterinary setting
- Knowledge of anatomic and physiologic variations in lab
animals, animal husbandry, behavior, feeding, nutrition, diseases,
- Ability to effectively interact with laboratory staff and
- Skilled in concise writing and intermediate level computer
- Ability to accurately read, record, and communicate
- Must be able to work with laboratory animals.This position
requires that the Veterinary Technician be able to:
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required (TB testing &
- May work with potentially hazardous substances not limited to
known /potential teratogens or carcinogens.
- Work will require PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory
animals, emphasis on non-human primates
- Must be able to work in small or confined spaces and
- Sign-on Bonus
Envigo offers benefits including:
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- 401kEnvigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy
to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons,
regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin,
veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy
governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job
assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to
benefits and training.
Keywords: Envigo RMS, Corpus Christi , Veterinary Technician - Hospital ($1,000 Sign-On Bonus), Healthcare , Alice, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!