RN Field Nurse
Company: AccentCare, Inc. -
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: January 16, 2022
AccentCare, Inc. - is a national post-acute healthcare provider
with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing
patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within
our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees
with a structured on-boarding process to help you become
assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work
easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a
wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional
opportunities.Position: RN Field NurseReports to: DirectorJob
Description/Requirements:As an RN Field Supervisor you will:
- Give and interpret the patient information documents i.e.
admission packet, plan of care, advance directives, Bill of Rights,
consents, patient education.
- Provide patient/families with information regarding agency
services, fees, Bill of Rights, Advance Directives and agency
- Communicate with referrers/discharge planners to review
eligibility for agency services and to develop and coordinate the
plan of care.
- Provide assessment of newly referred patients, assess health
needs and eligibility for home care. Obtain patient's medical
history, particularly as it relates to the patient's present
- Identify the appropriate level of care required by the patient.
Ensure the environment is conducive to the provision of home
- Develop an individualized Plan of Care for the patient based on
needs and findings of the nursing assessment.
- Coordinate all care and services provided to the patient.
- Communicate findings with the patient's physician and obtain
verbal orders as necessary. Develop and implement treatment plans
on conjunction with the patient's authorized medical
- Initiate written Medical Orders and written reports to the
patient's physician, as necessary.
- As necessary, conduct home visits to provide intermittent
nursing services, such as pre-fill medication container.
- Monitor the patient's medication regimen for
drug-drug/drug-food interactions, side effects and adverse
- Perform patient re-assessments in the home. Reassess patient
needs for services on a continual basis and discuss any changed in
the plan of treatment with patient physician/family.
- Review reports from all involved disciplined, re-evaluating
needs and Supervise all involved disciplines in the plan of care.
Conduct on-site competency review as part of supervision
- Prepare written documentation and summaries of the patient's
status and progress as needed for continuation of home health
services. Document accurately and completely in the patient's
clinical record. Conference with all clinical and scheduling staff
to assure continuity of patient care.
- Become familiar with all resources necessary to provide a
complete managed care program for the patient, e.g., respiratory,
- Initiate referrals for other services or community resources as
- Maintain updated professional knowledge and participate in
patient education programs to ensure optimum quality of patient
care. Participate in the agency's in-service program. Provide
in-service education to professional/paraprofessional staff.
- Participate in the agency's CQI Program, annual
policy/procedure review, as requested. Perform Quality Improvement
duties, completes audits, evaluated results with DON
recommendations for quality improvement.
- Perform annual field visits/evaluations on para-professional
and nursing personnel.
- Submit all required documentation, reports timely, i.e. daily
visit tally, patient reports, clinical record entries etc.
- Conduct aide competency reviews.
- Consult with DON to maintain the highest quality care. Report
significant occurrences to the DON relating to patient care.
- Review and respond to complaints, grievances and
- Interpret and reinforce agency policy and procedures to
professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Provide 24-hour on-call coverage on a rotation basis.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Current Texas State License as a Registered Professional
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or a related health or human
services field, desired
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish required
- One year experience in the provision of nursing care in an
acute care facility
- One year satisfactory Nursing experience in Home Care,
- Thorough knowledge of the scope of practice of professional and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before customers/patients or
employees of the agency
- Ability to perform mathematical operations as related to
medication calculations, unites of American money and weight
measurement, volume and distance
- Good organizational writing, communication and interpersonal
- Self-starting: Must be productive with minimal direction
- Dependable: Able to work independently and consistently meet or
exceed performance standards
- Adaptable: Able to adjust work and communication style based on
Keywords: AccentCare, Inc. -, Corpus Christi , RN Field Nurse, Healthcare , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!