LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN)
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Facility: -Coastal Bend Detention CenterCompensation Base:
-Compensation Bonus (if applicable): -Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryThis position participates in the implementation
and evaluation of the detainees/inmates' health care needs and
provides comprehensive nursing care while observing and maintaining
the requirements of security.Primary Duties and
- Under an RN's direction, develops nursing care plans on
- Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as
required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system.
Medical problems are referred to the physician for extended
- Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and
performing minor surgical procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with
problems within professional capabilities and refers other medical
problems to the appropriate physician.
- Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that
prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the
formulary. -Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in
- Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress
notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on
periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
- Maintains security while dispensing medications and is
continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and
trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains non-involvement in
the security aspects of care.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as
- Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains
confidentiality of medical records.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job Requirements:Minimum
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have
a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical
Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a
current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following
services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical
assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate
supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide
appropriate follow through treatment.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Corpus Christi , LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN), Healthcare , Robstown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!