ROI Medical Records Specialist
Posted on: November 19, 2021
MRO Corporation, a market leader of disclosure management
solutions for healthcare organizations, has an opening for a person
to work in the healthcare sector supporting disclosure management
services.The ROI Medical Records Specialist is responsible for
providing support at a specified client site for the Release of
Information (ROI) requests for patient medical
records.Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to phone calls from medical and support personnel
requesting medical records or patient identification to be read
from the record.
- Log medical record requests into MRO database.
- Determine records to be released by reviewing requestor
information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and obtaining
pertinent patient data from various sources, including electronic,
off-site, or physical records that match patient request. Scan
medical records into MRO database.
- When required, respond to walk-in customers requesting ROI
information and log information provided by customer into MRO
- If necessary, respond and process requests from physician
offices on a priority basis and fax information to the physician
- Comply with site facility policies and regulations.
- At specified sites, responsible for handling and recording cash
payments for requests.
- Escalate issues to manager that delay timely release of
records.Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Previous Release of Information in the Medical Record field
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications. One or
more years experience entering data into computer systems.
Experience using the internet is required.
- Strong verbal communication skills; demonstrated success
responding to customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated success working in an environment that requires
attention to detail.
- Proven track record of dependability.
- Prior work experience in Release of Information is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations is preferred.MRO's employees
work at client facilities throughout the United States. We are
proud of the culture we create for our employees and offer an
outstanding work environment. We strive to match the right
applicant to the right position. To learn more about us, visit
www.mrocorp.com. MRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Work
- One locationWork Remotely
- NoJob Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to FridayExperience:
- Medical records: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: MRO, Corpus Christi , ROI Medical Records Specialist, Healthcare , Beeville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!