Executive Director (Home Health) $5K Sign On
Company: CHRISTUS Homecare SPOHN
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: November 9, 2019
The Executive Director (RN) serves as the Administrator of the home
health provider and is responsible for the administration of the
day to day operations of the home care provider. This includes:
coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively
support the immediate and long range objectives of the company;
oversight of the eligibility of patients referred to home care
services, planning for the services to be provided to patients and
supervising their total home health care; implementing and
maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and
policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal
regulations; enhancing the profitability of the agency; and
providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure
the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a
liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the
INSERT LOCAL BRAND , a part of LHC Group is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Responsible for continual compliance with all federal and state
regulations, laws, and policies and procedures applicable to Home
Health. Maintains personal knowledge of up-to-date federal, state,
and Joint Commission regulations.
- Employs qualified individuals and accepts responsibility for
daily agency operations of the whole provider.
- Ensures that the Clinical Director is available during all
operating hours or directly provides coverage for those
- Must be immediately available to be on-site during business
hours, or immediately available by telephone when off site
conducting agency business, including but not limited to community
presentations, conferences, and meeting with physicians. Available
after hours as needed.
- Responsible for directing day to day operations of the
- Supervises all patient care activities to ensure the delivery
of safe, economical, and efficient patient care,which adheres to
relevant standards of accepted nursing and medical practice, to
include federal and state regulations, and Joint Commission
standards, as well as to ensure compliance with payer source
- Assists in policy review and revisions as requested to
establish and support the highest possible quality of patient care,
cost controls, quality assurance, and staff performance. Ensures
that established policies are enforced.
- Provides and / or ensures patient care according to the plan of
care as ordered by the physician.
- Provides timely performance evaluation of personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel
and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management
- Provides supervision to direct reports on an on-going basis to
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing
is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Conducts at least monthly meetings with the medical director.
Approves medical director invoices and submits on a monthly basis
to the Home Office with appropriate supporting documentation for
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Oversees
licensure verification, certification, and credentialing as
required by law and policy prior to employment and annually
thereafter. On an on-going basis, ensures maintenance of records to
support competency of all personnel.
- Adheres to and supports the Episode Management Model within the
provider via Episode Management supervision.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily
external vendor clinical edits, outcome support, and coding
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, and upper management
to ensure information is shared appropriately among the LHC
- Ensures that all services are billed as per federal, state, and
LHC guidelines as provided to the proper payer source.
- Ensures adequate staffing of agencies, as well as adequate
staff education on an initial and on-going basis and staff
evaluations on a new hire and annual basis.
- Implements and maintains an effective budgeting and accounting
system on an annual basis. Provides input to the budgeting process
- Oversees an effective QAPI program ensuring improvement plan
execution and follow-up.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team, QAPI Team, and other
committees as assigned within designated timeframes. Participates
in annual strategic agency planning.
- Reviews weekly Operations Spreadsheet, weekly Metrics Report,
and weekly Productivity Report to ensure the organization is on
target with budget goals. Follows up as needed.
- Oversees weekly reports, including claims alert, late EMS,
unverified services, and orders audit, to ensure timely and
accurate billing and payroll.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services,
including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meeting.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Registered nurse with at least 1 year supervisory or
administrative experience in a home healthcare or a related
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.Additional State
- CO: Must have 2 years healthcare or health service
administration experience with at least 1 year of supervisory
experience in home care or related health program.
- LA: Must have at least 3 years of experience as a Registered
Nurse with one of those years consisting of full time experience
providing direct patient care in a home health setting AND must
have 3 years of management experience in the delivery of health
care service .
- MS: Must be one of the following: (1) An individual with a
baccalaureate degree and at least 1 year of administrative
experience in home health care or in a related health provider
program occurring within the last 3 years. (2) An incumbent
administrator as of July 1, 198 (3) An individual with a minimum of
3 years of administrative experience in a health related field, 1
year of which shall be full-time in a home health setting,
occurring within the last 3 years.
- TX: Must not have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor
listed in Tag 9601(b). May also be the supervising nurse of the
agency providing he-she meets the specific qualifications for
supervising nurse. Must have evidence of 8 clock hours of
educational training in the administration of an agency within the
12 months preceding designation of position per Texas
- VA: Must have 1 year within the last 5 years of supervisory or
administrative management experience in home health or a related
- AL, AR, AZ, CA, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, OH, OR, PA,
RI, SC, TN, WA, WI, WV - No additional requirements .
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: CHRISTUS Homecare SPOHN, Corpus Christi , Executive Director (Home Health) $5K Sign On, Executive , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!