Senior Manager, Animal Operations
Company: Envigo RMS, LLC
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Envigo provides the broadest range of research models and
related services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology
industries, government, academia, and other life science
organizations. We pride ourselves on recruiting the best -
professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated
people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we
stand formaking a difference in peoples lives. We are evolving to
become the best company to work with and to work for. Come and join
us as the Senior Manager or Animal Operations - we have an exciting
future ahead!Is this you?Senior Animal Operations Manager is
responsible for the organization and management of departments in
animal operations, and ensure efficient management of departments
by active participation, high quality decision making, delegation,
and empowerment where necessary. This role will partner and
collaborate with other departments and the Attending Veterinarian,
supporting functions to support animal health and well-being,
safety, and achievement of business goals.
- Responsible for the daily oversight of animal operations, with
emphasis on animal husbandry, preventative care, and animal
- Directly supervises several employees. Carries our supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with our organizational policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, onboarding,
and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees,
addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Maintain updated inventories, animal orders and schedules of
incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Ensure program effectiveness via ongoing evaluations and
improvements with direct communication with Site Director.
- Provide oversight of operational training programs and partner
with the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) department to ensure
best practices are implemented for human and animal safety.
- Perform a leadership role in the event of a disaster, along
with the Site Director, EHS and the Attending Veterinarian.
- Anticipate and activate both cold weather and hot weather
animal husbandry plans.
- Coordinate animal movements and renovations/repairs with
- Participate in client and regulatory visits.
- Lead and drive operational efficiencies for the site.
- Establish and develop SOPs and procedures for animal care
processes and daily operations in accordance with regulatory
governing agencies and accreditation standards, and in partnership
with the Attending Veterinarian.
- Partner with Quality Assurance (QA) for SOP review schedules,
client audit action item timelines, and client audit planning.
- Provide input to help determine capital expenditure needs to
meet government regulations, expansion, or basic
- Manage area of responsibility within cost parameters to meet
- May assist in communications with importation/exportation
agencies and regulatory agencies.
- Assist in creating and implementing regulatory compliant
programs, e.g., USDA, CDC, AAALAC, USF&W, US Customs
- Assist in special projects such as writing program
descriptions, program documentation, policy and procedure creation,
- Support HR initiatives to enhance recruitment and
- Supports business development and cost saving initiatives
within/for the primate division.
- Transform business processes through site process improvement
- Member of Alice, TX IACUC Committee
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Strong working knowledge of animal husbandry
- Strong people leader
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and schedule interrelated events
- Flexibility to changing schedules to meet customer needs
- AALAS certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience an animal care industry
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible Management and Training
- Process improvement methodologyEnvigo offers benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- 401kEnvigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy
to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons,
regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin,
veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy
governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job
assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to
benefits and training.ID: 2022-1765 External Company Name: Envigo
RMS External Company URL: www.envigo.com Street: Jim Wells County
Road 381 Remote: No
Keywords: Envigo RMS, LLC, Corpus Christi , Senior Manager, Animal Operations, Executive , Alice, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!