Help Desk Manager
Company: Driscoll Health
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Where compassion meets innovation and technology and our
employees are family.Thank you for your interest in joining our
team! Please review the job information below.GENERAL PURPOSE OF
JOBManage and supervise the daily activities of the Help Desk team,
to include training, coaching, organizing, planning, and staffing
operations. Support IT projects and initiatives. Coordinate and
complete activities regarding application roll-outs and upgrades.
Log calls into the service management system and track high
priority calls to resolution. Prioritize the workload of and
scheduling of Microcomputer and Help Desk staff. Maintain computer
asset management. Coordinate the delivery, setup, and relocation of
computer systems and hardware between all system locations. Works
with IS Director in preparing management reports, standard
operating procedures, systems and training documentation, and in
research and development efforts. Assist in invoice reviews and in
resolving vendor issues. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Staff efficiencies and effectiveness. Helps create/maintain
department operational and strategic plans.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES - Positions in this class may perform any or all
of the below listed duties. These should be interpreted as examples
of the work, and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation and management
of Help Desk team including overseeing Help Desk customer service
for the entire Driscoll Health System.
- Serves on project teams performing tasks assigned by the IS
Director. Will be requested to lead and monitor project teams under
the IS Director's supervision. Routinely provides project updates
to appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for and assists with testing and writing scripts
for assigned systems to ensure system and data functionality.
- Coordinates all clinical moves and build-outs.
- Consults with hospital staff and IS teams to make
recommendations/implement changes that maximize the functionality
of assigned systems.
- Coaches and is a resource to the Help Desk team to assist with
issues, problems, implementations and upgrades of related
- Interfaces and works closely with consultants, Project Manager,
vendor representatives and IS staff regarding Help Desk projects
and IS projects.
- Assists in the preparation of bid requests in procuring related
- Manager the problem resolution process from initial call to
resolution. Ensure that the appropriate staff are assigned to
- Make recommendations and arrangements for any training and/or
tools needed for assigned staff.
- Exercise independent judgment in the planning, scheduling,
organizing, controlling and monitoring of the Help Desk team
- Participates in IS department budgeting and strategic planning
activities as it relates to Help Desk requirements.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- Performs other related work as required.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIESEffectively administers performance management
system including:Developmental feedbackGoal settingAssesses
competencyProgressive disciplineStrong knowledge of and effective
in administering hospital policies and procedures. Responsible for
sound management of human resources. Makes and implements decisions
compatible with organizational goals. Maintains composure,
effectiveness, and flexibility under pressure.EDUCATION AND/OR
EXPERIENCE - Any combination of education and experience that would
likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or
university; or 5-10 years related experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Related experience in a healthcare environment strongly
Keywords: Driscoll Health, Corpus Christi , Help Desk Manager, Executive , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!