Company: Gulf Coast Humane Society
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job descriptionGulf Coast Humane Society, Executive DirectorThe
Gulf Coast Humane Society (GCHS) is searching for an executive
director to manage its facility located at 3118 Cabaniss Parkway,
Corpus Christi, Texas. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, no-kill animal
shelter that houses and cares for hundreds of adoptable dogs and
cats. We were founded on January 15th, 1945, with the mission to
find loving, responsible forever homes for all of the orphaned
animals at GCHS.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize, and develop programs that will meet the
objectives of the organization.
- Directs, supervises, and instructs personnel in the well-being
and humane treatment of animals; the maintenance of buildings,
equipment and grounds.
- Oversee day to day operations in each department through
- Human Resources
- Training and Behavior Department
- Shelter Clinic
- Volunteer Program
- Foster and Community Outreach Programs
- Humane Education Program
- Public Relations, Advertising, Social Media, Web Site.
- Prepares for the Board of Directors monthly operating reports,
and attends monthly board meetings.
- Seeks out and maintains community contacts and represents the
Gulf Coast Humane Society through various types of
- Serve as the voice of the GCHS in the community.
- Participates with other agencies in cooperative endeavors.
- Attains or exceeds the established revenue & budget goals.
- Works with the Board and Committees to develop and implement
policies and attends committee meetings as appropriate.
- Assists the Board of Directors in fund raising activities and
maintaining contact with members and donors.
- Continually observes conditions within the organization and
makes suggestions and recommendations for change or improvements to
the Board.QUALIFICATIONS: Requires an individual who has strong
organizational, human relations, conflict resolution and
communication skills. Must have the ability to work on own
initiative and meet deadlines. Must have compassion for animals -
knowledge of and commitment to animal protection issues. Must have
a passion for the mission of GCHS and ability to professionally
advocate that mission. Must have the desire and ability to safely
and humanely handle dogs and cats.WORK HOURS: Typically Tuesday -
Saturday 9 - 6, however, this position has varying working hours
depending on scheduling of presentations, programs and any other
assignment by the Board of Directors.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A
Bachelor's degree preferable. Minimum of 2 years' experience in
either an Animal Shelter or a non-profit environment, preferably in
animal welfare. Minimum of 2 years' experience supervising
subordinate personnel. Experience developing and implementing
programs.LANGUAGE SKILLS: Excellent verbal and written
communication skills. Strong public speaking, writing, grammar, and
editing skills.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess
a valid and unrestricted driver's license.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be
able to drive, stand, bend, squat, walk, and talk for up to eight
hours a day; able to lift up to 25 pounds. Able to endure moderate
(office) to high (shelter) noise level and exposure to animals.The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions.Job Type: Full-timeJob Type: Full-timePay: From
$75,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilityEducation:
- Bachelor's (Required)Experience:
- Nonprofit management: 1 year (Required)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Required)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Gulf Coast Humane Society, Corpus Christi , Executive Director, Executive , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!