Company: Stewart & Stevenson LLC
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: February 14, 2020
We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and
services means that you ll get exposure to a broad range of
industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction,
transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300
employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small,
customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and
value of service.
Responsible for overall and daily management of parts department
operations and staff.
* Oversee the daily operations of the parts department.
* Assure adequate manpower and supplies are available to complete
* Resolve issues regarding parts or manpower shortages.
* Manage all parts department functions including sales, inventory
control, shipping, receiving, cycle counting, and
* Ensure effective part warehouse processing, flow and
* Develop and manage annual departmental budget.
* Monitor progress towards budgeted goals and implement cost
controls or reductions as necessary.
* Monitor gross profit levels.
* Review and utilize P&L statements.
* Assess departmental performance regarding quality of service and
* Follow up on escalated customer service concerns or complaints
and ensure satisfactory resolution.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Ensure proper safety training and standards are in place, and
that safety policies and procedures are followed.
* Identify need for and implement process improvements.
* Develop marketing plans with sales and marketing departments to
develop and increase parts department business.
* Contact customers to generate additional business.
* Plan and direct complete physical inventory annually.
* Establish work standards and evaluate parts department staff's
* Identify, address, and implement employee development and
* Hire, counsel, and discharge parts department staff as
High School Diploma or General Education Degree(GED) required and
four to ten years related experience.
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
* Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise
* Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or
perform to the best of their ability.
* Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic
method of performing a task.
* Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
* Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete
work within given deadlines.
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with
* Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken
* Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following
* Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age,
gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
Certificates & Licenses
Some college strongly preferred. Prior experience in a parts
department required. Prior experience in a customer service
department required. Strong technical product knowledge required.
Prior managerial experience required. Prior sales experience
(retail and wholesale) required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Stewart & Stevenson LLC, Corpus Christi , Manager-parts -us, Executive , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!