Director, Sales & Marketing
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Benchmark's company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion,
courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary
offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of
providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Director of Sales & Marketing plans and manages the overall
sales and marketing of the resort to achieve optimal RevPAR, and
resort revenues, thereby maximizing revenue, profit and
meeting/exceeding resort profit objectives.
* Exceed the annual Resort revenue budget.
* Lead the comp set in RevPAR Index.
* Lead a team of sales & marketing professionals with strategic
direction, professional development, recognition, accountability
and coaching to achieve extraordinary results.
* Review and analyze competition, market trends, as well as
customer needs and comments to develop new plans and initiatives
and determine the potency of current plans and programs; and revise
* Be a strategic marketing leader and collaborate with all
Marketing partners to develop and execute effective marketing
strategies, tactics and results.
* Constantly introduce yourself and team to new technologies and
process improvement to optimize all revenues and continue to
improve employee engagement and satisfaction.
* Be a constant and effective cheerleader for the entire resort
team and celebrate success with recognition often.
* Embrace the technology tools provided to be an effective and
fact-based leader and be diligent in managing group histories,
rooming lists, group blocks, cut-off dates and Banquet Event
* Effectively create and manage the resort Sales & Marketing budget
to optimize revenues and ROI.
* Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through
various efforts, including outside sales calls, business
development, e-mailings, digital marketing, SM, referrals,
networking, etc. to maximize room and waterpark revenues; develop
relationships with group, event, wedding, corporate, business,
travel industry, community organizations, professional
associations, to identify potential clients and increase market
* Actively participate in qualified, tradeshows, conventions, and
promotional events within the resort, the industry, and region to
maintain high visibility for the resort and enhance revenue
* Establish and refine sales deployment based on accounts, demand
factors, distribution of individuals, organizations, associations,
social, and/or corporate businesses.
* Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space,
and/or resort services within approved booking guidelines.
* Accurately review/approve all sales/event contracts and rate
* Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in
a very timely basis.
* Arrange and conduct special events, property tours, site
inspections, fam trips, and off/on-site presentations for potential
* Solicit group, transient, and other function business directly
and jointly with others through the preparation, execution and
completion of SMART Plans.
* Quote and negotiate prices with customer representatives,
confirming reservations by letter and drawing up contracts; signing
for the resort and obtain customer signatures to close the
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Corpus Christi , Director, Sales & Marketing, Executive , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!