DESIGN ENGINEERS Job in CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - Engineer - at Zachry Careers
Company: Zachry Group
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job DescriptionDESIGN ENGINEERSEngineering Design CenterNationwideZachry Group is currently accepting applications for Design Engineers for all engineering disciplines for future needs. This posting is NOT for a current position, but is designed to build a pool of candidates who are interested in future opportunities.We are seeking Design Engineers to lead specification development, and technical bid and vendor document evaluation for engineering and design tasks of various engineering disciplines, to assist managing a diversified portfolio of projects for numerous long term clients. Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. These projects include energy and chemicals, diversified, food and beverage, and power industries. All these projects involve management of multiple engineering disciplines and vendor management from early phases of project through commissioning.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform as a senior professional in a lead capacity in planning, preparing and supervising development of detailed design and specifications for major and complex structures, systems and equipment
- Perform site visits and project walk downs requiring climbing and as-built information gathering. This may require working with surveying equipment and other measuring tools
- Responsible for the design tasks of assigned discipline within one or more projects. Applies sound and diversified knowledge of engineering practices and principles in broad areas of assignments
- Participate in project planning and preparation of budgets and estimates
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extensions of theories, precepts, and practices of the field
- Assigned specific projects to complete, working as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or the functional area of the assignment
- Serve in a technical capacity to provide solutions to complex engineering problems within the respective discipline departments
- Participate in preparation and presentation of departmental training
- Work with client engineers to develop design compatible with client requirements
- Perform technical and economic evaluations, bid tabulations, and prepare recommendations
- Attend vendor design and fabrication kickoff meetings
- Coordinate within their department and with the project group regarding the job(s) they are supervising. Provide the necessary reporting and project controls methods to keep projects on track.
- Other duties as assignedREQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
- 3+ years of related experience
- Complex Problem Solvingskills (STEM)
- Commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to provide effective intra and inter-discipline coordination on projects, as well as effective communication with clients and vendors
- Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others
- Proficient with Engineering and Computer Software (e.g. HySys, ASPEN, MS Office, AutoCAD, 2D &/or 3D CAD, BlueBeam, Revit, NavisWorks, etc)
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments and coordinate a variety of tasks, with good attention to detail and ability to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Understanding, acceptance and adherence of company policies and procedures, including all business objectives and goals.
- Willingness to travel and work in office and field environmentsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working as an engineer in the Industrial Construction/Service Industry is a plusPHYSICAL DEMANDS:Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.WORK ENVIRONMENT:Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Design Engineers position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.Zachry Group is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Company DescriptionNorth America's pace-setter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services to the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors.We work with customers to plan, build and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. We operate more than 30 offices, and our 20,000 employees work in more than 400 locations nationwide, united by a shared set of values and the desire to deliver the very best outcome for our customers.
Keywords: Zachry Group, Corpus Christi , DESIGN ENGINEERS Job in CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - Engineer - at Zachry Careers, Engineering , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!