Company: Celanese International Corporation
Posted on: September 19, 2022
OverviewCelanese is a Fortune 500 global chemical innovation
company that engineers and manufactures chemicals used in products
essential to everyday living. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, we
employ over 7,700 dedicated people working between 43 facilities
across 18 countries. We are committed to employee growth and
creating shareholder value to ensure continued opportunities make a
difference. Our company focuses on the safety of its employees,
provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day
1), and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more
information about Celanese and our products please visit
- Process Engineer assigned to the area of Compounding in charge
of providing day to day technical support to Operations by
resolving technical issue and developing new capital projects to
optimize the assets production and safety following the best
- Provide day-to-day technical support to Operations in delivery
of production plans (24 x7).
- Develop and implement improvement plan for the unit
- Scale up interface between production and outside resources.
Develops plan for execution of plant trials (new product, raw
material, process and equipment).
- Works with Manufacturing Experts on resolving technical
- Continuous engagement in the production facility to identify
and remove barriers inhibiting flawless production.
- Participate or Lead Management of Change (MOCs). Oversees unit
MOC and MOOC process.
- Provide process engineering support for the Site Compounding
- Develop small FEED packages and support for process design
improvements to ensure reliable unit operations. -
- Works with Capital Project owner on process discipline related
project design and installations (up to 4MM projects). Provide
technical assurance and acceptance for detailed Engineering
- Develop Design plans for short-term and long-term
troubleshooting of the Process Equipment.
- Conduct detailed studies to understand unit operations leading
to improvement in On-Stream Times for the unit.
- Develops and maintain plan to address gap from entitlement
targets, most effective technology (MET), and best practices.
- Conduct studies to optimize Utility usage for the Process
- Provide guidance for the PRD Management System for the site to
ensure safe and reliable PRD operations.
- Ensures integration of related discipline activities to achieve
delivery which is safe (all aspects of HSSE - personal/process
safety and environment), fit for purpose and meeting cost-value
- Provide environmental calcs as needed.
- Provide detailed process engineering for relief system design
process design and environmental compliance and venting systems by
use of API 520, API 521, API 2000, NFPA 68, and ASME Sec I and
- Track/Troubleshoot Product Quality issues and provide
- Participate or lead Causal Investigations.
- Identify and Assess Growth Projects.
- Support Process Safety Activities (PHA, RHA, etc.).
- Support Procedures Reviews.
- Support Turnarounds and Major Maintenance Activities (i.e.
Pitstops, MOCs, Procedure Reviews, Lookback, Scope, MEC
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 5 yrs' minimum experience in field process engineering -
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple simultaneous
- Ability to work as self-directed individual.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
effectively facilitate technical discussions. -
- Strong communication skills with cross functional groups
(operations, reliability, vendors, regional and global
- Ability to work with other groups such as Maintenance,
Reliability, and Operations.
- General computer skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Expertise in Process Models Simulations and hydraulics
- Best practices sizing heat exchangers, line sizing, pumps,
control valves, etc.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and think
- Ability to think creatively and find opportunity in field for
- Knowledge of process design, instrumentation, process control,
statistics, and process safety.
- Knowledge of process engineering tools, e.g. ASPEN, HTRI,
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis (PHA).
- Understanding of material energy balances, separation
technologies, PSM covered processes.
- Oil and Gas field experience. Compounding (Extruders) knowledge
is preferred, but not mandatory. -
- Provide 24x7 technical assurance in the area. -
- Able to work during weekend/holidays as needed.
Keywords: Celanese International Corporation, Corpus Christi , Process Engineer, Engineering , Bishop, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!