South Texas Reporter
Company: San Antonio Express-News
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: September 20, 2022
The MySA.com team is seeking a South Texas Reporter. In this
role, you will craft stories, commentary, and then some for a new,
developing audience. The mission will be to write time-sensitive
stories that cover a diverse South Texas audience while also being
a rich resource for travelers to the area. This person should have
an innate story sense; able to identify and nurture local stories
of national importance. The ideal candidate needs to understand the
internet as a living and breathing being, and craft thoughtful,
funny, insightful content for an evolving readership.
- Quickly turn around trend pieces and features.
- Cover evolving stories with a sense of urgency.
- Create and maintain a steady supply of sources for story ideas
that allows a depth of ideas each day that can provide different
options to choose from---------------.
- Work with other newsroom staff on shared byline projects, as
- Be familiar with contact information for various agencies to
obtain information as quickly as possible.
- Report news quickly and accurately.
- Interest in and familiarity with RGV/Texas Coast culture and
curious about the world around them.
- Deep understanding of social media's role in publishing, for
both reporting and audience building.
- Enjoys developing voice-driven pieces on culturally relevant
- Shoot photos and videos to tell stories in multiple ways.
Experience, Qualifications, Technical Requirements, Education:
- Bachelor degree in English, Journalism, or Communication
- 2-3 years of experience writing for digital media
- Experience working at another Texas-based media property; can
bring fresh thinking and ideas to this role preferred.
- Understanding of audience engagement metrics preferred.
- News writing experience and familiarity with AP style
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for
employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who
receive a written offer of employment on or after November 11,
2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the
coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of
employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst
Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on
an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal
Keywords: San Antonio Express-News, Corpus Christi , South Texas Reporter, Advertising , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!