Multimedia Journalist, KRIS
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: October 19, 2020
KRIS-TV, an EW Scripps NBC affiliate is now hiring for a
Multimedia Journalist in Corpus Christi, TX!
The Multimedia journalist is responsible for researching, writing,
capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to
develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories
through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes
story according to prescribed editorial style and format
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview
- Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi media
- Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce
stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or
equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of two years of experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer
- Videography and non-linear editing experience
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In
addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of
the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest
independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television
stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of
news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and
reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including
Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through
digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and
Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services.
Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in
Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps
National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for
decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition,
disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and
military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local
law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Corpus Christi , Multimedia Journalist, KRIS, Advertising , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!