Administrative Assistant / Lab Tech
Company: AES Drilling Fluids
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Superior Weighting Products is seeking an Administrative
Assistant / Lab Technician for our Corpus Christi Mill. The
position is responsible for providing general administrative,
customer service and clerical support for the Mill as well as
collecting and conducting quality analyses lab tests on production
samples to ensure product quality. We seek a go getter with strong
attention to detail, a good grasp of computer systems, a curious
mind and an ability to self-manage.LOCATION: Corpus
ChristiRESPONSIBILITIES: Administrative duties:
- Manage incoming transportation for outgoing customer
- Collect receiving tickets from plant personnel and/or
delivering carrier and enter receiving tickets into the accounting
purchase requisition/purchase order system.
- Ensure purchase orders, bill of materials, production orders
and sales orders are created and coded properly within Dynamics
- Maintain timely and accurate inventory records and support
- Processes vendor invoices through Open Invoice for posting and
- Compile inventory data weekly for weekly Foreign-Trade Zone
(FTZ) entries to ensure SWP is compliant.
- Coordinate and oversee office functions including but not
limited to telephones, mail, correspondence, etc. Manages office
and warehouse supplies, including creating purchase orders for
- Sort and route incoming mail and arrange for courier service
and mail/Fed Ex/other shipments, when and as needed.
- Continually track, order, and maintain a sufficient level of
office and kitchen supplies.
- Perform various tasks and assignments as assigned by management
personnel. Lab duties:
- Ensure required testing is performed in a safe, competent, and
- Pick up composite samples, prepares samples, and conducts all
analyses required by the Company's Quality Management Program.
- Assign lot numbers to all Quality Test samples and logs results
in the Quality Assurance directory.
- Collects and logs all crude ore samples in the Quality
Assurance data program, conducts all required analyses, and
effectively completes any/all reports to Company management, as
- Maintains six month sample storage and disposal pursuant to the
Company's approved Quality Management Program.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in all quality assurance lab
areas to ensure the accuracy and safety of all testing procedures
and properly maintains all laboratory equipment in compliance with
API and ISO requirements.
- Ensures the proper disposal of laboratory waste according to
- High School diploma or GED plus some college courses is
- Three (3) to five (5) years of prior administrative assistant,
customer service and/or clerical work experience; prior work
experience in the oil and gas or manufacturing industries would be
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (including strong
Microsoft Excel skills) and Outlook and strong internet research
- Bilingual language abilities (English/Spanish) is
beneficial.AES Drilling Fluids is an equal opportunity employer.
All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for
employment on the basis of their qualification for the job in
question without regard to their race, color, religion, sex,
national origin age, disability, military/veteran status, genetic
characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local law.AES Drilling Fluids regrets that it is
unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on
time-limited Visa status or to offer relocation for this position.
AES Drilling Fluids is currently not engaging third party firms for
Keywords: AES Drilling Fluids, Corpus Christi , Administrative Assistant / Lab Tech, Administration, Clerical , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!