Driscoll Health Plan - Senior Accountant
Company: Driscoll Children's Hospital
Location: Corpus Christi
Posted on: September 10, 2020
Driscoll Health Plan - Senior Accountant
Driscoll Health Plan
Corpus Christi, Texas
# of Openings
General Purpose of Job:
On a daily basis, performs complex advanced professional accounting
activities requiring high level of detail and analysis as related
to maintaining, balancing and posting to the financial systems.
Assist in solving accounting and financial problems. Duties require
professional, comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, and
principles of accounting and related business subjects. Experience
and judgment are continuously needed to accomplish tasks. Work
under the general direction of the Senior Manager-General
Accounting. Supervises and reviews the work of other staff members
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; employees
will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned
by the immediate supervisor and/or hospital administration as
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- Audits contracts, invoices, timesheets, reports, and other
documents to substantiate business transactions.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation of
complex journal entries to general ledger requiring the use of
extensive knowledge, practical experience, and education..
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets,
databases, & packages to assemble, manipulate, and/or format data
- Verify transaction entry and arithmetic computations by other
co-workers, as needed.
- Duties may be allocated accordingly with emphases on Accounts
Receivable, Prepaid Accounts, the Fixed Asset System, Grants, and
Cash Management responsibilities.
- Initiate and/or coordinate approval of repetitive and
non-repetitive wire transfers, including but not limited to vendor
payments, TSA programs, and payroll deductions.
- Assist in training of management and staff on accounting
applications and reports.
- Examine and maintain assigned accounts involving high degree of
accuracy, as assigned.
- Reviews records and source documents to identify the sources of
- Determine entries required to bring account into balance.
- Prepare worksheets or reports reflecting the examination of the
- Reviews reconcilement of other employees, making
recommendations, and coordinating corrections and improvements.
- Responsible for closing process of general ledger system.
Coordinating with other staff and departments ensuring related
sub-systems have been closed as needed.
- Responsible for set up of next period closing folders,
schedules, reports updating and revising as needed.
- Participates in the analytical review of financial results with
- Assists with departmental filing of reports and documents.
- Coordinates and assist with the year-end boxing, sorting,
storing, and moving of records
- Prepares financials statements and reports.
- Prepares financial statements for assigned organizations.
- Distributes financial reports and information, upon supervisor
- Compiles and submits monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to
outside agencies on a timely basis.
- Assists in the coordination of the budget formulation process
for the health system.
- Develops various Prepared By Client (PBC) schedules and work
papers as requested by internal and external auditors.
- Coordinates transfer of trial balances, schedules, and other
financial information to internal and external sources.
- Answers and resolves routine situations and questions from
employees, managers, and outside agencies relying on standard
procedures and policies. Researches and advises on accounting
treatment of complex transactions where limited standardization
- Effectively administers performance management system
- developmental feedback
- goal setting
- assesses competency
- progressive discipline
- Strong knowledge of and effective in administering hospital
policies and procedures.
- Responsible for sound management of human resources.
- Makes and implements decisions compatible with organizational
- Maintains composure, effectiveness, and flexibility under
- Supervises the following job classes:
- Staff Accountant, Junior Accountant, Accounting Specialist, as
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
with focus or major in accounting and three to five years related
experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of hospital or business office operations
- Proficient in personal computer applications such as Microsoft
Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook required.
Keywords: Driscoll Children's Hospital, Corpus Christi , Driscoll Health Plan - Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Corpus Christi, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!